Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Daddy, Be My Guide- 2/9/92

Note: This poem was written by my mother shortly after my grandfather, William "Bill" H. Sturdivant, my mom's father and hero, passed away.

Daddy, Be My Guide
2/9/1992
 ___________________________________________________________________

As I stand in tears before the Arbor of the Rose
Thinking of you daddy and I smile-
My thoughts seem to come in the form of prose
And offer my heart solace for a while

I love you daddy, I always will
Sorrow now will be my constant friend-
Time I know will ease the pain I feel
But your memory will live in me to the end-

Someday when my Jesus comes 
To lead me to the other side
Daddy, since Heaven is now your home
Please hold my hand and be my guide
__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment